Here are some fundamentals to help you comprehend the many components of auto insurance. Auto insurance protects you against financial loss in the case of an accident and is made up of the following broad coverage categories:
Liability insurance compensates you for your legal duty to others for bodily harm or property damage.
Medical coverage (Personal Injury Protection) pays for injuries, rehabilitation, and occasionally lost wages, as well as a death benefit and funeral expenses.
Property coverage compensates you for vehicle damage or theft.
Each policy will give some thought to the following coverages:
- Coverage for Bodily Injury Liability
- Coverage for Property Damage Liability
- Collision Protection
- Personal Injury Protection
- Comprehensive Coverage
- Uninsured Motorist Protection
- Underinsured Motorist Protection
- Auto Loan/Lease Coverage Replacement Cost
- Labor and Towing